Monday, October 2, 2017

Christmas Prep & Learning Tongan From a 4 year old 12/12/2016

Dearest Family & Friends,

It's been another blessed week in the mission.  The work is moving along. It's Gorgeous everyday here. The rain on the Island is like nothing else I've ever experience. Sister Fakauho and I are already sweating and when it starts to rain it feels hardly an different! Haha This week I caught  cold and ended up losing my voice for a few days, but I am doing splendidly now! (Don't worry Mummy!)

This week has been a realization of what a small world we live in. The smallest things make the biggest impact lately. Especially to the Lord and our Father in Heaven. As we make an effort to live the Gospel the "basic" or "simple" commitments and changes, Heavenly Father is willing to bless us. Learning Tongan and Samoan has been a joy in and of itself. Sometimes I find myself not even knowing how to speak any language! I am learning patience and humility more than even now in my life. 

I have been practicing singing with the Ward every night the song: O Holy Night for the Christmas Party. I cannot believe that it is Christmas time again. I think I need someone to send me some snow please! Haha Or just a picture of it when it comes to Utah. I feel pretty confident in saying that Samoa isn't going to get snow anytime soon. Getting in the Christmas Spirit is pretty easy when you're a missionary, because we live for Inviting others to Christ and talking of his life. So, we are all over this fabulous season.

(This song has been going through my mind SO much lately.)
"Lord I Would Follow Thee" and It says: 

1. Savior, may I learn to love thee,
Walk the path that thou hast shown,
Pause to help and lift another,
Finding strength beyond my own.
Savior, may I learn to love thee—
Lord, I would follow thee.
 Who am I to judge another
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can't see.
Who am I to judge another?
Lord, I would follow thee.

Hope you all have a lovely week! Thank you any and all for the prayers and thoughts. 

Ofa Atu kiate Kimoutolu, 
Sister Finau

P.s. I'm a dog magnet. Thanks Momma! I attract dogs, its like they all know I love them. I'm trying not to! Hahaha
P.s.s. My favorite past time this week was learning Tongan with the little kids in our ward. The best thing is when a little 4 year old speaks better Tongan than you! It's the cutest thing EVER.







No comments:

Post a Comment