Monday, October 2, 2017

Samoan Sign Language 07/05/2017

Dearest Family & Friends,

It has been another good week in the work. Exact obedience truly does bring miracles. Sister Hansen and I have really found our joys in the past week together! This area of Pavaia'i is so cool.

A  few tender Mercy that I have seen this week is the fact that I can speak Samoan. I remember when President called and said I was going to be training I was so thoroughly excited and yet had a few moments of absolute panic. I didn't know what I could say and I know that He Qualifies those He calls. Since the day I came to this new area, Sister Finau can speak (get by) Samoan!!! I am so very thankful for the Tender Mercie of sitting one of the First lessons here and opening my mouth and being filled to the brim with the love of my Savior. The spirit truly did put the words into my mouth that the people we are teaching needed to hear. He continues still to bless me.
I even was able to use the talents that Heavenly Father has given to me when I walked into a lesson with a young man named Sylvest. My soa said that he couldn't hear. So, I got as creative as I could and just started signing the lesson in all the ways I could. (ASL) He lit up!! His face was just was so full of light and he was so surprised that I could speak and I could understand or that he could understand somewhat of what we were trying to say. I know that as "useless" as I thought my ASL was for my mission; It has been an absolute blessing and a miracle. I love Sylvest and am so glad that he accepted the Invitaion from his Savior this week to be baptised! The Lord is so aware of us and provides a way for each and every one of us to recieve the blessings of our Heavenly Father! Even sweet Sylvest in Pavaia'i. 

So many miracles happening everyday. I love this work and love you all very much. 

Have a lovely week, Loves! 
Toodles!

Sister Finau

p.s. I had to speak Samoan Words while I was signing in American Sign Language. It was all the Lord, not me. #HeQualifies Humbled. 



No comments:

Post a Comment