Monday, October 2, 2017

Sweet on Samoa! 05/24/2017

Malo Lava Soifua!

Hope everyone had a wonderful week! I am doing great! I have been in Amanave now for six weeks and am loving every moment here. 

 This week has been full of many miracles and blessings for the "Amanave Team." President Hannemann, our Mission President, has put seven of us Elders and Sisters together to spend six weeks in helping turn Branches into Wards and this week is week six! We find out this Sunday for the Ward Conference if the branch is a ward! So, we are all super excited. The President and Stake President turned in the papers a little while ago and they have been processed. Super exciting. 

Sister Long and I have done all we can this week to Center everything thing in the work of the Savior and what he would do and say and especially on the Doctrine of Christ. Our investigators we are teaching are progressing so much! One of them, who's name is Vitale, is now even getting excited and saving up for the temple trip in the Branch to do baptism's for the Dead! We are SO happy for him and his sweet little family. We have really loved seeing the blessings flow into his life as he learns to Center his family on the Savior and His teachings. We are also teaching a sweet girl named Iva. Iva is in the Military and goes to Germany in August so she is hoping to be baptised before then! We are trying to help her overcome her barriers to her baptism and find that she is just waiting for her Dad's approval. That is one thing about the Beautiful Culture of Samoa (Many cultures) is that they find it really hard to change from the "traditions of their Fathers" and do what is right sometimes! But, Sister Long and I have so much love and faith for her! She also loves the Book of Mormon, so that has really helped her Testimony grow. 

All is great here in American Samoa! I am so thankful everyday to wake up in such a beautiful place with such beautiful people. 

I know this Church is True. I am so honored to share the message of the Restoration with these beautiful people. I know that this truly the same church Christ established when He was on this earth himself. I know we have the Power and Authority of God on the Earth today and that Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet of the Church TODAY! I love him so much! And I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He lives! I promise! Keep praying and keeping searching!  

LOVE YOU ALL! ❤

Love,
Sister Finau

P.s. The team moves to the Aunu'u Branch on Sunday! We feel so blessed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment