Sunday, October 9, 2016

TALOFA LAVA! 

What an amazing past few days this has been. I have never in my life felt so loved. It's amazing. Although I'm away from my comforts I feel your prayers and your love! Thank you all so much for your prayers and love! I will be emailing on Fridays! 

Where do I even begin? As soon as I was dropped off and said goodbye I was whist away into a place of such an amazing and strong spirit. The MTC has a beautiful energy! Seriously. The spirit is around every corner and every square inch of the grounds. After leaving you all I got my name tag, that I LOVE by the way! It is such an  honor and pleasure to represent Jesus Christ and do it right along side so many amazing people! Then we were taken to class where our teacher only spoke to us (Me being the ONLY Polynesians in the Samoan District) in Samoan. I maybe heard him speak four Palagi words. My companion is Sister Brown! She is so kind to me and so much fun! We are both extremely forgetful and we usually find ourselves laughing probably much too often. We are supposed to be teaching an investigator tonight so, I need your prayers now more than EVER! Please. This is our third day learning Samoan and we will be teaching. So, just a little overwhelmed, but we have so much faith! The first day I think it hit me what I was getting myself into. I felt overwhelmed but also so thankful I had been prepared for the days that lie ahead for me. 

Our Zone consists of Languages: Tonga, Fiji, Kiribati, Samoa, Martialese, and ASL. So, it's basically a PARTY all the time. We room next the Tongan sisters, there are three of them and 6 Samoan sisters. The Tongan sisters are SO sweet! Sister Kunuch is from Saratoga Springs and is full Tongan, Sister Latu is full and then sister Bute is all white and going to San Jose unlike the other two Tongan sisters who are going Nuku'alofa. The rest of the Samoan sisters are from the US some are going to Niu Sila (New Zealand) and California. Most of the Tongan and Samoan Elders are from farming backgrounds in Utah and most of the Fijian District is from Niu Sila and Australia. It is such a fun group of people. The spirit that comes from being obedient and with such great people is incredible! I wish I could send you all a little piece of what I feel all the time. 

Upon arriving I met so many new Sisters and Elders and then just smashed my Comfort Zone to pieces! Man, I don't think I have ever felt so out of my comfort zone and LOVED it. Believe me it has been some of the hardest past few days, but I feel so much peace and comfort knowing that blessings will come and are coming so often from doing everything in my power to become the missionary that the Savior is needing to be. I have been even working out every morning with my Soa Sister Brown! We are learning to plan and turn to Lord in all that we have been doing. It's alot harder than I would have ever imagined, giving all of over doubt and worries to the Lord, but what an amazing difference it makes.

The food here is so great! But the OJ really is Toxic. It's good for some but not for most! We had an Elder Try to drink as much as he could and he wasn't seen the day after! So the rumors are true! Haha! You are treated like Kings and Queens here. And it is the sweetest thing to see and meet the Elders and Sister from places that don't have such luxuries. Our teacher Sista Kamaleti who is a Niu Sila RM who spoke Samoan, didn't even meet a Samoan till she came to the MTC, and is now an AMAZING teacher and she gives me so much hope! Although I am so blessed to have grown up in a house that learned to sing and read Tongan! Thank You Dadio! 

The sweetest tender mercy that I have had so far is knowing that without a doubt I am going EXACTLY where I need to go. To serve and serve with the exact people I need to serve with and at the right time. I have been able to help already so much in my district with the Language and am so very Excited to learn More (LOTS more!)

I love you all VERY much!!!! I would not be where I am without you all! Thank you.
I know that this is the only Church on the earth with the fullness of the Gospel. I know that we have a Loving Father in Heaven who loves us and wants the very best for us. We have a Savior, Jesus Christ, who knows our joys and sorrows. He lives!! And his love is REAL. Families are Eternal and for that I am FOREVER thankful. 

Have a fantastic week loves! Till next time. 

Alofa,

Sister Finau 

1 comment:

  1. Mele,
    I just love you! With your soft, teachable heart you are going to change lives!
    <3
    Sis. Gardner

    ReplyDelete